Sunday 15 November 2015

Task 5D

From speaking with fellow BAPPs students via our SIG and blogs, I have managed to underline some factors which may affect my inquiry regarding ethical dimensions of which will be proposed.
From looking into more ethical differences and how I can use these dimensions to base my inquiry research on, I feel this is another step forward into the right direction when leading my inquiry,
For example, when looking at how I will record information from my inquiry I will have to discuss wether it is right to be subjectively or objectively written. After researching the terms and what they mean, it allowed me to link them to normative and descriptive ethics. 

Descriptive Ethics = Objective interpretation; for example this would be scientific facts and figures.

Normative Ethics = Subjective interpretation; for example this would include information from peoples opinions and emotions. 

Which one would I use in my inquiry and why? 
As I look into more of the ethic side of my inquiry, as previously mentioned I am hoping to explore a range in ages for my research and how each of their opinions can show possible differences or similarities in the way in which they feel dance has made a difference to them. It stands out that I would use Normative ethics with subjective interpretation as this can express more openly their opinions and emotions about my subject matter. Having said this, I know facts and figures may play a part in my critical reflection as research which I will look into I am sure will have percentages and other numerical evidence that may support mine or the individuals point of view. 

I have found looking through blogs and finding my SIG extremely helpful. Particularly a fellow BAPPs student Jessica Plant. Her ideas and research have been similar to mine and we have both been able to give advice and ideas to each other which have allowed me to look into different avenues of research. For example, in my last blog I mentioned my worry about involvement of young children and the ethical considerations which may differ from those of an older adult. Jessica kindly commented on my blog expressing her same worries as she to hopes to have children involved within her inquiry. She mentioned her research which she had taken out on what ethical consideration was needed for young children and found that 'informed consent' was what was required for working alongside children. This however can be hard to achieve as Jessica mentions, they may decide to withdraw due to lack of confidence. This was extremely helpful as I did not know this information and so have made time for me to look into this consideration more for when I set up my inquiry.

'An informed consent can be said to have been given based upon a clear appreciation and understanding of the facts, implications, and consequences of an action. To give informed consent, the individual concerned must have adequate reasoning faculties and be in possession of all relevant facts' 
(wikipedia, informed consent)

Bibilography

https://ethicalrealism.wordpress.com/2014/05/05/normative-descriptive-ethics/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informed_consent

http://www.differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-objective-and-subjective/


No comments:

Post a Comment