Monday 21 March 2016

A clearer view

After a few days off from the studying of literature, I gave myself some time to just think about my inquiry in my mind - whilst driving, doing the washing up etc.
 I have learnt through the process of the course that sometimes by taking a step back and reviewing my ideas can give me a clearer view on what you working towards and if I am going in the right direction. I am a culprit of going off on a tangent with no relevance to my topic so this I feel is helpful to me.

After my chat with Paula which i previously blogged about, we discusses my research tools. Again i have previously mentioned the use of interviews and observation. This has now slightly changed as Paula suggested that by using my reflective journal which I have been updating regularly when volunteering at the arts centre, it gives a more realistic approach. I have decided now that i will not use an observation as one of my tools due to time restrictions and also validity. It will be hard to monitor and record specific data over one class and generalisation will not be valid for what I am focusing on which is the teacher and their projection as a leader. As an alternative to this, I plan to interview the Head of Creative programmes who is in charge of placing strategic plans in place for artistic development and leading in participation. This has a strong link to my ideas of a leader within an organisation that holds areas together. I have designed a series of questions which I will ask in an interview like way and hope to do this within the next week. This of course will be in addition to my other interview with the Youth and Dance education co-ordinator at the dance centre who is more in the dance teacher role. These two interviews along with my reflective journal, and documentation proof of the arts centre, will complete my research element of my inquiry.



No comments:

Post a Comment