Tuesday 3 March 2015

The Blogging World

Still getting in the hang of the blogging world - however I must admit like many of the other Web 2.0 platforms it can become very addictive! I don't know if any of you are like me and check my Facebook and Instagram at least 3 times a day!

I have seen people on Facebook posting blogs about the next holiday adventure they are about to embark on, or beauty tips that they want to share but have honestly never thought of a blog as a social networking tool that I would use on a regular basis. However as I am getting more stuck into the course I am understanding that this world of blogging can be extremely educational! 

Reader 1 and the introduction of professional communications technology has got me thinking and I am finding the stats and theories very interesting. 

O'Reilly's article written in 2005 really explains how simply brainstorming ideas has set the next level of social media platforms which we have just at the touch of a button. From Web 1.0 to Web 2.0 we have now whats regarded as the next generation of software. I thought I would copy the image of the Meme Map which is demonstrated in the article for some of you to see. 

Web2MemeMap

Personally I feel that images and visuals help me understand and develop my ideas and as a person and I work particularly well with this way of thinking. The above image explores many ideas, but a few stood out to me more than the rest. The way that nowadays you can control your own data, using the web as a platform to promote everything and anything, use social media as a way of communication with others and to express feelings about one subject. 

Thats how I am left feeling about blogging, I get to express my feelings and ideas knowing that people can read it and take away what they want. That's the beauty of Web 2.0!

I'm only half way through and getting sucked into different articles from the Reader so will be back with more ideas to discuss soon! 
Enjoy this lovely sunshine while it lasts! 
S X

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie - I know what you mean about Reader 1 - really helpful to have the ideas presented in this form - they 'let you in' to Web 2.0 - and that is the sign of good concepts - they simplify and direct your thinking - we use i everyday! but how is it mapped?

    ReplyDelete