Friday 20 March 2015

Middle of March updates!

Hi Everyone!

I can't quite believe we are hitting the middle of March already - time is certainly flying! I just wanted to see how everyone is getting along with their studies?

Unfortunately I have been unable to come along to the campus sessions to discuss Module 1 and further to this my teaching schedule has crossed over with the Skype sessions! Feel as though luck hasn't really been on my side yet but as I've received the latest email from Paula I am hoping to make some of those dates which were listed! 

Carrying on from this I did notice that from reading some of your blogs the topic of conversation was about professionalism? I found different ideas that were written down all very enlightening and when I asked myself 'what is professionalism?' I kind of had a rough idea however after googling it, this is what it said...

professionalism
prəˈfɛʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪz(ə)m/
noun
  1. 1.
    the competence or skill expected of a professional.
    "the key to quality and efficiency is professionalism"
  2. 2.
    the practising of an activity, especially a sport, by professional rather than amateur players.
    "the trend towards professionalism"




    I think that this particular description is fairly vague and for example form reading Irini's blog she describes 'the professional' and this shows a more in-depth and broader variety of the term.

    I am interested to keep hearing more of your thoughts as I wasn't able to meet with Paula 
    So any light you can shine to me I would greatly appreciate.

    Thanks,

    S X













2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of an update Stephanie - good to follow the conversations - professionalism is an important idea on the course. What attributes would you give to a professional?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula!
    Attributes that I would give to a professional would definitely range from a good work ethic and earning that respect and trust from them. Such a broad subject which i would love to look into more and blog about.
    Steph

    ReplyDelete